HISTORY

Trinity Lutheran Church has been blessed with God's grace since its founding in the middle of the Great Depression, a testimony to the power of God to sustain His people through every circumstance.

Fall 1931

In the Fall of 1931, a mission church was established in this area. The first services were spoken in German and held in the homes of local residents.

April 1932

On April 7, 1932, the congregation was organized.

July 1932

The property at 806 Main St. was purchased.

October 1932

The cornerstone for a church was set on October 2, 1932.

December 1932

Trinity's new wooden structure was then dedicated on December 4, 1932, and the congregation was blessed with continued growth.

Summer 1958

In 1958, a larger sanctuary was built.

Spring 1990

An addition was erected which included a new narthex, additional classrooms and administrative offices.

Spring 2006

Trinity continues to grow in membership and programs, and in 2006 the congregation purchased 13.5 acres 1,800 feet east of our current location, at 1025 Main St.

September 2014

On September 14, 2014, we celebrated the future building of a new church with a Ceremonial Ground Breaking, preceded by an Outdoor Worship Service.

September 2016

On Sunday, September 18, 2016, we held our Service of Dedication inside the new building, followed by an outdoor lunch with children's activities and tours of the facility.

September 2019

A Service of Dedication was held for the Trinity Learning Center.

HighReswGrass.jpg
00-15-09-03 - DSCF2439.JPG
Church Exterior 2016.jpg
Church Exterior 1957.jpg